- Performance you want. Value you need. Maintain professional expandability in an accessible, tool-free mini-tower form factor—all at a great price. With support for next-generation Intel® Xeon® processor families, the latest graphics technology, and increased I/O expandability, the HP Z420 has the power you need to get the job done.
- Windows 8.1 Pro or other operating systems available
Intelligent, business-forward design.
- Quickly and easily swap out parts or make upgrades on your own. The HP Z420 Workstation features a smart chassis design built for tool-less access to the inside and easy configurability.
- With optional liquid cooling, your workstation is designed for whisper-quiet performance and a smooth, daily work flow.
- Bring power and performance to the next level with the all new E5-1680 v2 8-core processor and Intel® C602 chipset.
- Achieve up to an 86% increase in memory bandwidth over previous generation HP workstations. Support up to 64 GB of the latest generation of system memory with 8 DIMM slots and integrated 1,866MHz DDR3 memory subsystem.
- Take advantage of a 600 W 90% efficient power supply ideal for high-end graphics and GPU compute solutions.
- Connect in a flash with 4X USB 3.0 bandwidth on an optional high-performance ThunderboltTM 2.0 port on the HP Z420.
Uncompromised graphics, increased productivity.
- Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics, the HP Z420 currently offers a breadth of AMD and NVIDIA professional graphics card options from Pro 2D to high-end 3D, up to the NVIDIA Quadro 6000.
- Access high-performance applications, including 2D and 3D video, on-site or from a remote location with HP Remote Graphics software.
- Increase productivity and spread out with the freedom of seeing and doing more all at once with support for multiple displays at peak HD resolutions.
Customized to work for you.
- Build the HP Z420 Workstation the way you want with multiple SATA and SAS RAID configuration options that support a wide range of high-performance, high capacity storage solutions.
- Get the flexibility you need with support for a wide range of internal HDD/ODD and external SATA devices.
Complete Peace of Mind.
- With ISV-certifications and 115,000 hours of testing in the HP Total Test Process, the HP Z420 is reliable and ready for business.
- HP workstations offer low-halogen and ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations featuring efficient power supplies.
- HP Performance Advisor configures your system with updated settings and drivers to help maximize performance.
- Relax with a standard, 3-year limited warranty. Choose optional HP Care Pack Services to extend your service.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”SPECIFICATIONS”]
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”System Features” style=”fancy” open=”yes” icon=”plus-circle”]
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8 Single Language 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- HP Installer Kit for Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS5 and WS6 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 64-bit. Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Software is not loaded on hard drive. URL and software license number for downloading latest version is included in box.)
- Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 v2 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1680 v2 (3 GHz, 25 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1660 v2 (3.7 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1650 v2 (3.5 GHz, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 v2 (3.7 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1607 v2 (3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 (3.6 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1603 (2.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Memory” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- 64 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
- (Actual memory speed is dependent on processor.)
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Storage” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
Internal drive bays
External drive bays
- 300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)
- 300 GB up to 1.2 TB SAS (10000 rpm)
- 250 GB up to 1 TB SATA (10000 rpm)
- 500 GB up to 3 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
- 120 GB up to 512 GB SATA SSD
- 256 GB SATA SE SSD
- Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s
- Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s
- LSI 9217-4i4e 8-port SAS 6.0 Gb/s RAID (optional)
- LSI MegaRAID® 9260-8i SAS 6.0 Gb/s ROC RAID and iBBU08 Battery Backup Unit (optional)
- LSI MegaRAID® 9270-8i SAS 6.0 Gb/s ROC RAID Card and iBBU09 Battery Backup Unit (optional)
- SATA Blu-ray writer
- SATA SuperMulti DVD+/-RW
- SATA DVD-ROM
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Display and Graphics” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB)
- NVIDIA NVS 315 (1 GB)
- NVIDIA NVS 510 (2 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro 410 (512 MB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K600 (1 GB)
- AMD FirePro V3900 (1 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (2 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 (4 GB)
- AMD FirePro W7000 (4 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K6000 (12 GB)
High Performance GPU Computing:
- NVIDIA Tesla K40
- NVIDIA Tesla K20c
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Expansion Features” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- 4 USB 3.0
- 5 USB 2.0
- 2 IEEE 1394a
- 2 PS/2
- 1 RJ-45
- 2 microphone
- 1 audio line out
- 1 audio line in
- 1 headphone
(HP Thunderbolt 2 1-port PCIe card (optional); HP IEEE 1394b FireWire PCIe card (optional); 6 internal USB 2.0 available by 3 separate 2×5 headers)
- 2 PCIe Gen3 x16
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x8
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x8 (x4)
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x4 (x1)
- 1 PCI
- 1 14-in-1 media card reader (optional)
(The PCIe x8 connectors are open ended, allowing a PCIe x16 card to be seated in the slot.)[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Communications” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- Integrated Intel 82579LM PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Plus PCIe NIC (optional)
- Intel Gigabit CT Desktop NIC (optional)
- HP 361T PCIe Dual-Port Gigabit NIC (optional)
- Intel Ethernet I210-T1 PCIe NIC (optional)
- HP Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PICe NIC (optional)
- HP X520 10GbE Dual-Port Adapter (optional)
- HP 10GbE SFP+ SR Transceiver (optional)
- Integrated High Definition Realtek ALC262 Audio
- Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card (optional)
HP Thin USB Powered Speakers (optional)
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Power and Operating Requirements” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- 600 W 90% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC
- 400 W 90% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”Dimension and Weight” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”What’s Included” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
- HP Performance Advisor
- HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) V5
- HP ProtectTools Security (available as configurable option)
- HP Power Assistant
- PDF Complete – Corporate Edition (for Windows operating systems only)
- Cyberlink PowerDVD/Power2Go
- Office Home & Business 2013 (available as configurable option)
- Padlock Support (standard – padlock optional)
- Cable Lock Support (standard – cable optional)
- Universal Chassis Clamp Lock (optional)
- Serial, Parallel, USB, Audio, Network Enable/Disable (standard)
- Removable Media Write/Boot Control (standard)
- Power-On Password (standard)
- Setup Password(standard)
- Solenoid Lock and Hood Sensor (optional)
- On-site Warranty and Service: Three-years, limited warranty and service offering delivers on-site, next business-day service for parts and labor and includes free telephone support 8am – 5pm.
- [/su_spoiler][/su_accordion][/su_tab] [/su_tabs]